Thursday, January 11, 2007

Downtown Miami




I was only due to stay in Miami for a week. I also tried to get a flight to the Cayman Islands where a good friend of mine is now living and working, however my time was so limited.


When the course finished I decided to get on with some shopping. I found out which bus to take and decided to spend the day at Aventura Mall. This was fun. However I find that shopping alone is quite difficult as you have nobody to ask those all important questions.


The bus journey was about 1 hour and I thought that I was going to get lost. However the last stop was right inside the mall. I told myself that I should be heading back before it got dark.


I shopped from about 11 am until 8 pm, I completely forgot that I wanted to leave in daylight. I arrived back at my motel around 9.30pm, grabbed some food and called it a night.


The motel owners were originally from North London, so we had something to chat about.


On my last day I decided to check out Miami Beach and the Art Deco District. However, got on the bus and got lost. Travelled about half hour beyond the beach. What was a girl to do. Get off that bus and eat lunch at Subway! I must say, chicken noodle soup in Miami is great!


Oh well did not get to see the beach as I had to get back to get to the airport. However, Victoria's Secret, Sephora and Bath and Bodyworks certainly made up for that!


1 comment:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I hope you enjoyed downtown because there is always construction going on down there! Sorry you didn't get to go to the beach!