Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back to London

Before I knew it, training finished, all shopped out and heading back to Miami International Airport, back home to London. I was infact looking forward to getting home.

I checked in nice and early, but my case was overweight by about 6 kilo's. For an easy life, I just paid the excess, which was not too costly. I was tired and just wanted to get on that plane home.

The security check lines were as long in Miami as they were in London. I stood in line and did what I was told. Take your shoes off, take your belt off, any loose change, take your outside coats off etc etc.....

I don't know what it is about those metal detector machines, but I always set them off. And true to form, it went off.

Not once, not twice but about 4 times. After that I was called to one side. Maaam is your jewelry metal? No. Maaam, do you have hair pins in your hair? No. Ok step this way. Jeans fallling down, due to lack of belt, barefoot on the ground clutching passport, tickets and jacket! Hand metal detector buzzing all over me. There was nothing for it but a manual hand search, very humiliating! You're free to go now Maaam!

Once on that plane, my elderly co-passenger introduced himself and I snuggled down for the night flight home. Good-bye Miami!

1 comment:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

You defitnely need to come back with a friend and a longer visit so you can see what Miami has to offer glad you made it back home safe!