Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Family, Friends and Fun in Trinidad

Posted by Picasa Our days were spent in "town" and our evenings were spent drinking rum, eating roti and liming on the porch! Catching up with mum's friends and reminicing over the good times. It was a whirlwind trip to Trinidad, but I can look back fondly on the time we spent there, with friends old and new.


After 6 days of rushing around, the time finally arrived to venture back to the calm of Tobago. This time, however, we decided to fly!

Well "who tell me to do that?......." Was all our travelling doomed for disaster?

I booked the flights on Tobago Express which flies between Piarco Airport in Trinidad to Crown Point Airport in Tobago, every hour.

I made the reservations for 5 as my brother who arrived in Trinidad whilst we were there wished to see Tobago.

Reservations made for 11.30 am flight. Check in time 10.30am - no problem or so I thought. We arrived at the airport at around 10.40am, and due to the long queue, by the time we got to the desk, low and behold our reservations had been given away as "standby" tickets. Well you can imagine. I was fuming. The next available flight that 5 of us could be accommodated on was the 2.30 pm. We had no choice but to wait in the airport until the 1.30pm check-in. This time I made sure I was first in line, only to be told that they were still checking in the 2.00pm flight. I stood my ground and remaining in line. I was then first for 2.30pm check in.

We then proceded to bagage clearance as you do not need to go through customs inter island. 2.30pm came and went. Then came the announcement that the flight was still in Tobago and would be delayed due to bad weather. Yes it is rainy season and yes it was raining!

We finally boarded the plane and arrived in Tobago 15 mins later at around 3.30pm. Hugh our taxi driver was patiently awaiting our return.

No comments: