Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Downtown Port of Spain........

Posted by Picasa One thing I did notice about Trinidad was all the natural hair wearers, especially locks. No sister locks however, although there is someone listed on the website in Trinidad, her number was unavailable when I called. A sister was in need of a re-tightening!

However, due to the high crime rate and also the reluctance of people wishing to have their photos taken, I was unable to get any pics. I was too scared to take out my camcorder!

Also the "Soca Warriors" had their welcome home whilst we were in Tobago. Everywhere in Trinidad were banners of the soca warriors, on goverment buildings on cars, everywhere. Tee-shirts for sale on every corner down town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have lived in Trinidad all my life and never once was afraid to take out my camera. All you have to do is be careful with your belongings but no need for all that anxiety! lol =) Anyhow yeah I'm looking for a sisterlocks consultant too that's how your page came up in google. toodles!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for your comment. I was not suggesting that it was an unsafe place, as I love Trinidad, just as much as any local. I guess I should have said, I needed to be careful with my belongings, much the same you would anywhere in this world today.