Friday, April 20, 2007

Adornment 2007 - my experience



The day has arrived. All models rearing to go and do their stuff. I arrive at Battersea Park early in the morning, final rehearsals are taking place. The show is due to start at 2pm on Easter Sunday.

Wow, the adrenalin is now really pumping through my body, this is real. The perspex stage looks impressive. Wow, I really have to do this. Well I hope that I can, and that my nerves do not get the better of me.



Exhibitors are setting up in the main arena, lots going on around us. It is amazing how time really passes quickly when faced with a situation like this. One moment it was morning and then it was 2pm.

I was modelling for a designer called Emebet. Her clothes are all hand made, knitted. check out the photos. Emebet is in the top right hand corner. It was her first fashion show, so she was just as excited and nervous as we were.


I must say that when the moment came to go out on stage and do my thing, I quite enjoyed it.
Sadly my modelling debut was only to last about 5 minutes as the routine was quite short.
However, once back in the safety of "back stage", I was eager to do it all again!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was the place to be. I LOVE cultural events such as this. You have been tagged by Busingye. Pls visit 1fantasticvoyage.blogspot.com for instructions.