Saturday, April 21, 2007

Adornment 2007 - Visitor Feedback

I found out about Adornment through M. D., who had volunteered to take part in the fashion show. I attended Adornment on Monday 9 April. Majority of my time was sat down watching and enjoying the show as I did not want to miss any of the fabulous clothes, hair styles and dance routines.

I felt the designers had such style, flair and a real passion for vibrant colours which was a pleasure to watch as it was nice to get away from the usual dull colours. I thought the drummers at the end of show were fantastic and really lifted the energy of the place!

All the best with the newsletter!

Many thanks

Emma

Adornment 2007 was the first time I visited the show, and I attended on Monday. I did not find out about it through advertisements - which was quite surprising, as my personal opinion is advertising draw crowds. I found out via word of mouth, as in the past as well.

I found the event particularly refreshing! Unfortunately I did not get to view all the stalls, as I found myself hooked to the fashions shows. It was good to see that the models used were not stereotypical, if that had of been the case that would have been very disappointing. The array of vibrant colours and designs were stunning, and it's good to know that black people have the potential to break into the designer world.

Davina

"I found out about Adornment through a friend of mine, M. D., who was going to be one of the models in the show. I must admit I had never heard of Adornment before, so this was the first time I had attended such an event in the UK. I bought a ticket for the Monday event, and arrived about 12 o'clock. I was very impressed by all the different designers, and businesses that were exhibiting at the show, many of whom were extremely talented, but yet I had never before heard of some of them.

The fashion shows were amazing as were the clothes and the models who showed them. It was a very warm and uplifting event, and it was so nice to see all the beautiful black people in there, all ages, all sizes, all 59 different shades of black, but together in a common cause, and embracing what we have to offer. Wow!! It just showed what amazing things we can achieve, as a people, when we set our minds to it and strive for a good cause. Loved it, loved it, loved!! Bring on Adornment 2008, I am there already!!"

Take care, stay blessed.

One Love

Antoinette X

No comments: