Monday, September 18, 2006

Re-tightening class.......................

On Sunday 17th I undertook the sisterlocks re-tightening class with Liz Joseph in Edmonton with 4 other ladies. Liz is featured in the most recent sisterlocks journal with Carole and Marie.

The training was well organised and well enjoyed. It is quite a simple procedure once you get the hang of the tool. My index finger is very sore as you have to push down part of the tool to expose the hook. However, I am very excited and feel a sense of total freedom being able to finally control when I re-tighten my hair. I guess it will take the best part of a week to complete my whole head.

I am still debating whether or not to travel to the States to do the consultants class.

9 comments:

Goodnapps said...

That's so marvelous. Congratulations.

Maryee said...

Congrats!! I'll be back to read and respond to your updates! So glad to hear from you and thanks for dropping by my blog!

Maryee

Naturalist1 said...

Congrats on your retightening class. The more you do it, you will become a real pro. Were you taught both the hook and the tool?

AFunkyKindaGlow said...

Would love to see pics when you retighten yourself.

Ree-C said...

Congratulations. I agree with you on the sore finger/thumb using the hook tool. There are alternative tools that you can use that are available online (i.e. nappy tool). Keep us posted on your progress.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on doing the class. I did my class with Marie in October and am currently only doing the front. But I will eventually take over my whole head!I know what you mean about the sore finger hopefully that goes with time!

sisterlockedlondon said...

Thanks Lineupa. Am I right in guessing your are a UK locked sister! I am off to Miami on Friday to do the consultant's training, all by myself! Wish me luck. Thanks to all of you for your comments.

I have so far re-tightened 2 heads, one sisterlocked, one traditional locks. Pics to be posted soon. Watch this space.

Anonymous said...

Hi
I am a UK locked sista. I have been locked since Feb 05 and loving it.

Good luck with your course in Miami. Enjoy the next stage in your journey.

I look forward to reading all about it on your return.

C & C said...

your locs are beautiful. have you taken the consultant class already? i registered to take it soon and would love to keep in touch with your progress. Peace