Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Missing Months............

Well as I mentioned some posts back. I am working backwards and forwards on this blog. Nearly back to where I left off in February 2006. So much seems to have happended since then, but here goes.

Back in April 2006, I travelled to Malaga, Spain, with the Pampering Club. I am a member of the Pampering Club, which is the UK's leading empowerment group for women. It was originally aimed at women of colour, however, now in it's 7th year, it is open to all women.

I have been a member for the last 4 years. I happened across the club following the break up of my marriage. I was looking for something and came across the club. I attended my first meeting and was overwhelmed by the number of inspirational black women. I immediately joined and every woman I came in contact with had to know about this wonderful club.

The club was founded by two women who had both read the book, Sacred Pampering Principals of African American Women, by Debrena Jackson-Gandy. Both of them contacted the author, who put them in touch with each other and the Pampering Club was born. I have gotten so much out of the club, I have attended relationship workshops and have been to a number of spas and events.

Malaga was the first overseas trip I had made with the club. One of our members had a dream to live in Spain and provide yoga holidays. That was 2 years ago. This year she realised her dream. I had the most amazing time, relaxation, good company, spa and yoga! It was only 4 days, but worth every penny.

1 comment:

brunsli said...

Sounds like a wonderful organization! Thanks for sharing. :)