Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm Back!

Hi locked sisters, I'm back. Apologies for the absence, but have been very busy recently. I still managed to read all of the hair blogs, or at least lots of them. I am going to now update my blog in reverse order, as I have a lot of news.

On the 24th June 2006 my family and I travelled to Tobago with my 16 year old son and my 6 year old son. We left home at 4.30 am to catch the Gatwick Flyer, which is a door to door coach service, which unfortunatley does not pick up in my area in London. We had to travel to my aunt's house, just on the outskirts of London to enable us to be picked up. We arrived at Gatwick around 6.30 am, our flight was scheduled for 10.30 am.

Once the British Airways desk was open for check in we checked in our luggage and proceeded to search for something to eat. We opted for a McDonald's breakfast and wish we hadn't! Not recommended at Gatwick airport!

We boarded our flight, but were slightly delayed as they had technical problems. Once sorted and following the safety procedures we were on our way.

It was my first time flying with BA and the service was pretty ok. The food was not too bad either! Good films and lots of drinks. No rum punch though!

We had a one hour stop in Antigua.

However, we were unable to leave the plane whilst passengers disembarked and boarded.

Our one hour stop turned into a two hour stop. This was due to a fellow passenger, a locked brother, getting very agitated with the long wait and becoming a security threat! He was taken off the plane in Antigua to be transfered to another flight going to Tobago. We arrived at
Crown Point Airport, Tobago a little behind schedule. The flight from Antigua was about 1 hour.


We travelled by taxi to our hotel, Enchanted Waters in Buccoo. A nice family run hotel. The rooms were comfortable and due to it being low season, the hotel fairly empty. They also had a pool.

That evening at the hotel, we dined on shrimp bisque, which was over salty. I had mahi mahi with garlic sauce and a side dish of rice and broccli with cheese sauce, which comes highly recommended. The boys had chicken and chips.

We had rum punch, mineral water, coke and juice and it all came in at $650 TT! a little expensive we thought.

A comfortable first night was spent in the rooms which were air conditioned.













1 comment:

Maryee said...

Hey lady,

I ready most of your updates a week or so ago and it must have been after midnight and I didn't get comment on the lovely pictures and recap of your vacation, birthday party, and birth of your grandson. It was fun and most enjoyable to read. So happy you were away from your blog for good reasons and returned with pics and great stories to share!!